Pet Laser Surgery
Northgate Animal Hospital provides laser surgery for pets of all shapes and sizes. Our doctors perform surgical procedures using a state-of-the-art surgical laser which provides many benefits to our patients. Because the laser cauterizes as it cuts, there is less bleeding, pain and swelling which provides a reduced risk of infection and a quicker recovery for your pet.
- Less pain – The CO2 laser seals nerve endings as it “cuts”, so your pet may require less anesthesia during the operation, reducing the risk of complications. Pain after surgery is also reduced.
- Less bleeding – The laser seals small blood vessels during surgery.
- Less swelling – Laser energy does not crush, tear, or bruise tissue because there is no physical contact with the tissue.
- Less Stress – to the patient due to less pain, inflammation, and bleeding.
- Less Inflammation – thus less scratching and licking at the surgical site.
- Less risk of infection – The CO2 laser sterilizes as it removes diseased tissue, killing bacteria that cause infection.
- Less Recovery Time – Quick return to normal activities – Healing is rapid, and there is less postoperative discomfort.